Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Mike DeWine Challenge

OK, have at it.

Convince me to vote FOR Mike DeWine.

The Ground Rules:

1. Give me reasons to vote FOR Mikey, not against Sherrod Brown. Democrats suck and Brownie sucks more than your average Democrat. Tell me something I don't know.

2. I want evidence. Yeah, he claims to be pro-life, but SCOTUS has never allowed him to cast a vote on abortion that really means something. When the chips are down and the media glare shines hot on Mike DeWine, how can I count on him?

I now open my mind and give anyone -- even you Mr. Senator -- the chance to convince me to support the Mike DeWine campaign for reelection.

Good luck!

4 comments:

Chucko said...

My momma used to say if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. I can't believe I'm thinking of voting for a third party candidate for a U.S. SENATE seat. I'd even vote for a moderate-right Republican if I had to, but DeVoinoWine doesn't inspire me. I just wish there was an easier way to knock pols off in the primary.

Anonymous said...

About Senator DeWine and his pro-life credentials. Umm...have you seen his family? He has about 35 kids (ok, actually 8 or 9). Fran and Mike are like the little old lady who lived in a shoe.

I'm sorry, anybody who has 8 or 9 kids is pro-life.

Steven J. Kelso Sr. said...

Anonymous: could be (I have 5 myself), but when Mike's friends at the New York Times and the Washington Post ask him in 2113 if he will vote for the Life Amendment next week, what will he say????

tfdad said...

I'm a big Hugh Hewitt fan (hey, he links my son's milblog- www.boredsoldier.blogspot.com) but I can't go all the way with him on this one. I'll vote for Dewine (fundraising idea- sell clothespins for closing your nose when you cast your vote- money goes to Blackwell and/or other deserving conservative candidates for Senate). I'd love to see a coordinated movement by conservatives to recommend giving Dewine your vote but not a dime otherwise. People could email him promising him their vote and letting him know which conservative you're contributing to "in his name".

The only thing I can think of that might make me change my tune (somewhat) is if Dewine puts a picture of himself on his website wearing the new Hugh Hewitt t-shirt, showing the back view with the message, "Win The War, Cut The Taxes, Confirm The Judges, Control The Border, Control The Spending".