Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Montgomery Update

This just in from the Montgomery campaign via email:
After several days of positive progress, Ohio Auditor of State Betty Montgomery was transferred over the weekend from The Ohio State University Medical Center's intensive care unit to a standard patient room.

"I'm so thankful for the tremendous outpouring of support I have received," Montgomery said. "And I'm blessed to be receiving the finest care available from the staff at OSU Medical Center. My doctors tell me I'm making great progress. Although I'm focused on my recovery, I look forward to resuming a full work schedule as soon as my doctors give me the green light."

Montgomery was originally admitted to The Ohio State University Medical Center Wednesday, May 17 for complications following a respiratory virus. She was diagnosed with and received treatment for Guillain-Barré syndrome, an inflammatory disorder of the peripheral nerves.

Montgomery's office continues to communicate with her daily. "Our office continues to function without interruption and we are hopeful to see her back in the office soon," said Chief of Staff Deb Hackathorn. A full recovery is expected.

1 comment:

Steven J. Kelso Sr. said...

This is great news indeed!