Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ney Statement on Ethics Committee Inquiry

It would appear that Congressman Ney will finally get his day with the ethics committee. here is what he had to say:
"For the last 15 months, all I have asked for is an opportunity to have the facts surrounding the Abramoff matter to be reviewed by the appropriate investigative bodies in order to have this matter addressed once and for all. It is for this reason that I voluntarily offered, on two separate occasions over the past year-and-a-half, to go before the Ethics Committee and to lay out the real facts of these matters, instead of having the distortions and innuendo that have been reported in the national media be taken as truth.

"Now that the Committee has been constituted, I am pleased that my request has been heard. I welcome this opportunity. As I have done with the ongoing Justice Department investigation, I will cooperate in any way possible."
These are not the words that a guilty man would be using. Those who thought Ney was in trouble are in for a real surprise.

Have a couple of bucks? Ney is the guy today. Donate here.

No comments: