Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Only one (statewide) race left

With Blackwell maintaining the 10% cushion, I can see why everyone's calling that race for him. If you look back across this campaign, for the past year, poll after poll (with just a few aberrations) has put Blackwell ahead of Petro by about 10 points. Tonight just ratifies what Ohioans have been saying for months.

It looks like Sandra O'Brien may be the Cinderella tonight in the GOP treasurer's race. It's still very close, but she wasn't supposed to be "real" competition to the sitting treasurer at all.

Last week, the GOP Establishment went out of its way to make sure Republicans knew Bradley was their candidate for treasurer.

I think they got the message.

1 comment:

Steven J. Kelso Sr. said...

I voted for O'Brien (with some hesitation), but I really have mixed feelings about this race.

Bradley has my respect, even though she is a liberal.