Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Re: Doom and Gloom for GOP

Mark: I just don't think there is a strong anti-incumbency feeling/tendency in this state. Seriously look at the results of the primary. In only two races (Blackwell and O'Brien) were the "establishment" candidate defeated. I'd have to look again, but I don't recall seeing ANY surprises from our Democrat friends...

Now, don't get me wrong. I am still a voice for reform in the Ohio GOP. I do think there is a LOT of work to be done. I wouldn't characterize the situation as funny and sunny...I sure wouldn't call it doom and gloom...

We are experiencing a time where the electorate appears to want the status quo even though they know it's killing them. To me, that signals a time where our educational and outreach efforts have the greatest chance to succeed.

The only way to advance a conservative agenda is to create more conservatives in the electorate. We can discuss at length the many ways to do that...but I would tend to think that having a positive outlook towards our future is one of the foundations.

No comments: