Monday, June 19, 2006

The Debate Over Debates

Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends.

The Blackwell and Strickland gubernatorial campaigns continue to butt heads over when the two will debate one another over the issues facing the state. I'm getting phone calls and emails from both accusing one another of dodging the issue of debate and how the one refuses to debate the other. For example, I get an email from Blackwell stating that Strickland refuses to respond to his debate challenges, then I get an email from Strickland calling Blackwell a liar.

It's driving me nuts!

Let's step back for a moment and look at this. We're asking politicians to agree on something here. I say we let a third party set the dates and times out of a pool provided from both camps; if one refuses to show up, the other gets the floor all to himself. It's a nice idea in theory.

However, the political show continues.

1 comment:

Joab said...

I would be willing to bet that Bill Peirce would agree to debate either or both. Too bad they won't ever invite him and the media won't give it a second thought either.