Friday, June 09, 2006

Re: Vouchers

I most assuredly support any legal maneuvers by parents to get children into schools of their choice. As a libertarian, I suppose that government should have NO role in education, but since this debate was lost years before I was born -- I accept the realities.

The government is more than willing to take every red cent that it can get its greedy hands on, I support taking advantage of every dot and tittle.

The government has offered this service -- get your money's worth.

As for the desperation that parents feel as they search for a quality education for their children, I stand by my comment and believe as parents become aware of the options available to them -- more and more vouchers will be demanded. Typical government inefficiencies have caused the word to come out slowly, but demand in other cities that have offered vouchers leaves me confident that the program will succeed.

In addition, I support the poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich taking advantage of every tax "loophole" to keep more of their money. The Founding Fathers rebelled against a level of taxation that would seem heavenly today. I will fight the state with every bit of my being as long as liberty and the rights of man are under attack.

No comments: