Monday, October 23, 2006

Lawsuit against SOB Alliance?

[Cross-posted at Brain Shavings]

MLM Liberal (profile here) appears to be threatening legal action against any of us in the State of Ohio Blogger Alliance who don't quit the Alliance, starting with Nathan R.C. Warden:

As the campaign nastiness gets more personal, MLM Liberal is fulfilling his promise to "Swift Boat the Swift Boaters."


Interesting. There's more:

Such comments are indicative of Ken Blackwell's base. Those of us who really do care about the future of this state, as well as our nation, are not about to cave in to people like Nathan R.C. Warden. And, as is stated in the Miranda rights, anything he says can be used against him in a court of law. Granted, we are talking civil as opposed to criminal proceedings. Nonetheless, every one of his blog entries, like mine, would be subject to court scrutiny.

Of course, I'm no lawyer. I just work with law enforcement on a daily basis.

A note to other members of the SOB Alliance who have not been a part of the continued smearing of Ted Strickland, much less getting on Scott Pullins' bandwagon: If you oppose what Scott Pullins is doing, leave the Alliance now before you get caught in the crossfire.


Oooooo, I'm terrified.

I have visited every blog in the Alliance, and a number of them haven't participated in the smear tactics or even discussed the matter at all. You should not have to suffer for the actions of others. Because once more bloggers on the left get wind of the situation, they will be speaking out in force.

It's only about to get nastier.


I wonder if MLM Liberal cares to be more specific? Since I've been covering Ted Strickland's Foley problem, am I also a target for this guy's not-so-veiled threat? On what grounds? Defamation? Intentional infliction of emotional distress? Being a mean old conservative poopy-head?

I suppose that beyond his hatred for Scott Pullins, MLM Liberal's also got a craving for revenge against my colleagues Dave at NixGuy and Tom Blumer. Who else will he sue, Sean Hannity, Bill Cunningham, Bob Frantz, and Jerome Corsi?

I wonder whos' covering MLM Liberal's legal expenses? Is he seriously hoping that some lefty lawyer's going to take his case on a contingency fee basis? Maybe he knows a lib attorney looking to do some pro bono work.

This just goes to show that the typical leftist can't win policy arguments on the merits, and can't hope to have anything useful to contribute to a discussion about moral behavior. Their motto seems to be "If you can't beat 'em, sue 'em."

I await MLM Liberal's response, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Yes, typical liberal tactic. We cannot prove you wrong on the facts, we cannot come up with any conclusive proof you are wrong, but you hurt teddy's feelings. It is not a smear if it can be proven correct. There are court documents. There are a chain of events and a timeline. Of course, if you can't win with facts, take them to court and extort a surrender. it is the liberal way. Shameful and disgusting, especially coming from the party of openness....LMAO

Joe C. said...

He won't sue because then all of the evidence including Strickland himself, will be brought into court and questioned under oath.

I used to get all these litigious-types threaten to sue me for one thing or another all the time in my previous life as an ER Doc. Tell him what I used to tell the other losers: "Buddy, you got to get in line to sue me!" Once they know you're not afraid of lawyers-- what they think is an ace in the hole-- they back off.